EducateIT Actions is a simple but powerful solution to provide an interface for local or remote actions. It is client and service based and is highly customizable.
We use “Actions” as addition to the “Raptor” system. There is an access control which shows actions depending on the user who is accessing the system. Besides the simple execution of commands, it is possible to create interactive interfaces which are based on a script.
The software has the following features:
- Custom sets of commands which are executed in the local context or on the remote computer.
- The configuration is stored on the server side. The client itself retrieves all information from the server and has therefore a very simple configuration. Configuration changes can be made at one single place.
- An optional console can be displayed to show the output of commands, even if they run on the server side.
- It is possible to create custom interactive user interfaces. They can pass a number of parameters to the command, verify input values or display the result of a command in a suitable way.
- Input parameter of each action can be processed using scripts.
- The status of a command can be processed using a state mechanism, with scripts to parse the command output and detect if a command was successfully executed.
- Each executed command is logged using a special statistic entry, which can be extracted from the log into a database. This database can be used with the Actions Analysis tool to get deeper insights into the usage of the actions.
We understand that your information is valuable therefore we protect it with various features:
- The client supports authentication of the user, using for example an Active Directory server. Actions can be displayed based on the user name or groups.
- Connections between the client, and server are encrypted and authenticated using the latest SSL technology.