EducateIT Assistant is a framework which provides an interactive step by step user interface for complex tasks for your employees.
The framework consists of a small client which displays the assistant user interface and a service which executes the actual task. This allows a privilege separation where the client does not need any additional rights while the special right can be assigned to the service on the server side.
The software has the following features:
- There is an easy to use, step by step interface on the client side. It allows your employees to execute complicated tasks with guidance.
- Execution of privileged commands on the server side. While the “Assistant” client is running in the user context, you just have to give the additional privileges to the “Assistant” service on the server side. It allows you to execute privileged commands for which you wouldn’t risk giving the privileges to the account of the employee.
- The configuration is primarily maintained on the server side to minimize the need for client updates. By updating the configuration on the server side all clients are automatically updated.
- Uses the “EducateIT Log System”, “EducateIT Service Framework” and “EducateIT Configuration B” for best performance and stability.
- Can be extended and customized through plug-ins on the server side. We are providing a set of pre-built plug-ins with common functions, but we will develop a custom plug-in for your special needs.
- Plug-ins can create custom interfaces on the client side and use interaction with scripts.
We understand that your information is valuable therefore we protect it with various features:
- Connections between the client and server are encrypted and authenticated with SSL.